Friday, September 18, 2009

Scenes from the school run..



I'm not kidding when I say we have the prettiest drive on our school run! Just imagine what it will be like in Fall. Portland is still basking in a late summer and we are feeling more and more settled which is nice.

Mu is over the moon as he finally got his new cyber-shot camera this week after months and months of saving. When he gets home from school I'll see if he'll let me post some of his pics - they're rather cute. R and I went out with a group of IB people last night which was fun - they're all really lovely. Our 'Back-to-School' night was fab. R and I are blown away by the level of schooling here and are so grateful that Turtle and Mu get to experience it. Among the many things their class is learning (piano, Spanish and Ice-skating(!?!)to name a few) they are 'learning' hiking and have a number of trips planned in the lead up to the OMSI camp.

While there are lots of things I miss about New Zealand - clear air anyone? There are many neat things here, eg:
- the little 'one car per green' traffic lights for the motor way on-ramps - so civilised.
- the abundance of green and trees. Oregon has the most amazing scenery.
- the ice cream selection - unbelievable.
- the low-cost of things - food, eating out, furniture and so on.
- the super-friendly people. OK I've met a few rude ones too but overall people are really nice.
- the access to such a diverse range of goods, services, classes.
- and yes the shopping - !

No comments:

Post a Comment